Disability Advocacy Day is a day-long event focused on connecting Self-Advocates with their legislators to talk about issues that matter to them. Attendees are expected to participate in the full day of activities.
· Register is FREE- BUT you MUST register
· Order a lunch (optional) FREE- BUT you MUST register
· YOU MUST REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE. Direct Care Workers attending to assist you for the day must register for this event.
· Use your HOME/VOTING address to register. Business addresses or PO Boxes are not allowed.
· No on-site registration or walk-ins.
AGENDA AT A GLANCE
9:30: Check in: Monona Terrace, One John Nolen Drive, Madison
Stop by the Voting Resource table
10:30: Briefing on Survival Coalition’s current issues, planning time and lunch
12:15: Rally at the State Capitol, Martin Luther King Blvd. entrance (3 blocks away)
1:00- 3:00: Attend Legislative visits
3:00-3:30: Check out and debrief after your visit at the Capitol
· Participants support Survival Coalition’s mission to maximize community inclusion for all people w/disabilities.
· Participants must attend the 10:30 a.m. briefing at the Monona Terrace Convention Center.
· Attend your legislative visits at the scheduled time with your group.
EXTRA! EXTRA! Join our virtual information sessions if:
· You want some extra time to plan for your visit with your legislators. OR
· If you cannot attend Disability Advocacy Day in person but would like the information and would like to contact your legislator by phone.
**note: you do not need to register for Disability Advocacy Day to participate in the virtual information sessions.
We will have 2 virtual information sessions:
· Wednesday, March 15: 12-1 pm
· Thursday, March 16: 4-5 pm
If you would like to attend one of these sessions, email Survival Coalition for the link: SurvivalCoalitionwi@