Nutrition Program of Grant County
The Grant County Nutrition Program contributes significantly in helping people remain healthy, active, and independent in their homes and communities. Are you familiar with our Senior Dining Centers? Check one out today! In addition the nutritious meal and variety in menu, the nutrition program offers opportunities to enjoy a meal, join a fun activity and socialize with friends!
Grant County dining locations are in Boscobel, Cassville, Cuba City, Fennimore, Lancaster, Montfort, Muscoda, and Platteville.
If you are ill and unable to visit the site you may qualify for a home delivered meal or frozen meals instead (a person must meet certain criteria to receive home delivered meals). Whether the meals are home delivered or you go to the dining sites, the ADRC provides a hot, nutritious meal to persons 60 years of age and older for a suggested contribution of $4.00. Everyone is welcome regardless of income! Food Share is accepted.
Senior Dining Sites
Home Delivered Meals
Each application for home-delivered meals will be assessed to determine eligibility. An initial determination of eligibility may be accomplished via a detailed telephone interview and if tentatively approved, services may start prior to a complete assessment being conducted. Approval for home-delivered meals must be made by the agency director or nutrition program coordinator. Determination of need is based on the following:
- Individual is unable to leave his or her home under normal circumstances. Flexibility is allowed for medical appointments and occasional personal reasons important to the individual’s quality of life.
- Person is unable to participate in the congregate meal program due to physical or emotional problems.
- There is no spouse, domestic partner or other adult living in the same house or building that is both willing and able to prepare the meals.
- The individual is unable, either physically or emotionally, to obtain food and prepare adequate meals.
- Other criteria established by the nutrition program and approved by Area Agency on Aging.
- A home visit is conducted to assess nutrition and determine other related supportive service’s needs. Referrals will be made as necessary. Reassessment of continued need for service shall be done in the home of the participant no less than once per year. Reassessments are necessary to establish continued program activity.
Congregate (Senior Dining) Meals
- Individuals eligible to receive meals on a contribution basis at a senior dining center are:
- Age 60 or older
- Any spouse or domestic partner who attends the senior dining site with their spouse or domestic partner who aged 60 or older
- An adult with a disability, under age 60 who resides in housing facilities occupied primarily by older individuals at which congregate nutrition services are provided is eligible to receive meals at the facility in which they reside
- A disabled adult who resides at home with an eligible older individual participating in the program
*Meal reservations are required and must be made the day prior to the day you wish to receive a meal.
Frozen meals may be available to individuals who are not able to receive daily meal delivery or who require extra meals for non-service days. Eligibility will be determined on a case-by-case basic and must be approved by the director or nutrition program coordinator. Frozen meals meet all the requirements of a complete meal as defined in the Nutrition Program Policy Manual. Participants must have adequate appliances and space to maintain the meals in a frozen state and for heating meals to a proper serving temperature. Delivery is not guaranteed; participants must make arrangements for meal pick-up during regular dining site service hours.
For more information or questions regarding the nutrition program, call us at (608)723-6113 or 1-800-514-0066.
All menus are prepared in kitchens that are not allergen free. We cannot guarantee that food allergens will not be transferred through cross contact and therefore cannot offer a substitution item for food allergies, intolerances, or personal food preferences.